- Published: March 2017
- REF/ISBN: 9780852939444
- Edition: 75th
- Status: Current
*Pre-order now available. Release date March 2017 – orders will not be dispatched before mid-March*
IP Standard test methods (STM) is an essential part of any quality control regime for petroleum testing laboratories. A necessary tool for the national and international testing of petroleum and petroleum products, the 2017 version of IP Standard Test Methods also enables laboratories to provide evidence of compliance with the most up to date test methods during inspections.
Updates for the 2017 edition include:
3 new full standard test methods
- 617/16 Determination of generic cetane number (G-CN) of fuels using a constant volume combustion chamber – primary reference fuels calibration (PRFC) method
- 618/16 Determination of cold filter blocking tendency
- 621/17 Determination of low level metallic elements in vacuum gas oil/waxy distillates – Flame atomic absorption spectrophotometry (AAS) or inductively coupled plasma-emission spectrophotometry (ICP-ES) method
1 new proposed method
- PM EV/16 Determination of sulfur content – Energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry
And 9 test methods with significant technical changes
- 16/15 Determination of the freezing point of aviation fuels – Manual method
- 323/16 Determination of thermal stability of gas turbine fuels
- 379/17 Determination of organically bound trace nitrogen – Oxidative combustion and chemiluminescence method
- 387/17 Determination of filter blocking tendency
- 406/14 (16) Determination of boiling range distribution by gas chromatography
- 435/16 Determination of the freezing point of aviation turbine fuels by the automatic phase transition method
- 528/16 Determination of the freezing point of aviation turbine fuels – Automated fibre optic method
- 529/16 Determination of the freezing point of aviation fuels – Automatic laser method
- 601/16 Determination of light hydrocarbons in stabilised crude oils – Gas chromatography method
Revisions to existing test methods are detailed in a summary of changes at the end of each method.
Sold in a 3 volume paperback set and includes a searchable, USB stick. To purchase individual methods, visit the IP Test Methods section of the site.
Are you an EI Member? If yes, register/log in now to ensure you receive free access or discounts to EI publications. How to do this:
1. Sign up/register with this site.
2. Log in
3. Link your membership details to your profile, on your profile page.
If you are not a Member, why not join today and receive all of the benefits of EI Membership? EI Members are entitled to a 25% discount on most EI publications.